Today's photo is of the sunset at the reservoir, where my girlfriend Joanne and I go frequently to walk our dogs. It's a very beautiful place when the weather is right. I live in Springfield Ohio, and while the landscape does very much, we have beautiful seasons and weather. Our snow storms can be especially nice.

I used a nice piece of software called Photomatix for all of those who don't know. What it does is produce HDR images. I simply loaded a single RAW file into the software, and while it's not your traditional way of making an HDR photo, I like that the results are subtle.

Small touchups for noise and saturation were done in lightroom.

Oh, I realize the sun is completely blown out. I didn't have any filters, and didn't think to bracket a

This was shot with a Canon EOS 400D and a
Canon EF 28-70mm f/2.8 L series lens.




This entry was posted on 3:54 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: